BSU Quick Guide
|Be aware BSU is a work-in-progress prototype|
Remember the Beowulf Sync Utility is a work-in-progress. Although the program has been extensively tested we cannot guarantee that you won't experience problems. By using BSU you accept any risks involved.
WARNING: During the process of updating mods BSU will delete any custom files within the addon folders that you have added. This means any files within the file path you've selected that BSU doesn't recognize will be deleted.
If you do come across any issues while using BSU, please report them.
If you'd prefer to watch a video on how to use Beowulf's Sync Utility our very own BennySouthSt has created a video.
|We are currently investigating an issue where the BSU installation fails after Slack has been installed. A restart should fix that.|
To get started you'll need to download the Beowulf Sync Utility. You can download the installer from the dedicated BSU website.
Downloading the mods
Now that you've downloaded BSU you'll want to download our modset. To do this follow this step-by-step guide
- Fill in the Sync URL. This is currently http://u.beowulfso.com/synctest/server.json
- Fill in the Mod Path. This is the place where the mods will be synced to. It's recommended you create a mods folder in your ArmA 3 install directory.
- Click "Load Repo". This scans & compares the current mods on our file server and the files in your Mod Path.
- Click Sync This will sync the files from the file server to your Mod Path. If you've never downloaded our Mods before this might take some time.
- WARNING: During the process of updating mods BSU will delete any custom files within the addon folders that you have added. This means any files within the file path you've selected that BSU doesn't recognize will be deleted.
- RECOMMENDED: Sync your mods again. This will validate the files and grab any files you potentially missed
RECOMMENDED: Create a desktop or start menu shortcut to BSU by finding the .exe . Currently located in; ...AppData \ Local \ BSUPrototype
Thank you for helping us test BSU and we hope your experience was hassle free.
The current version of BSU was originally create as a way of testing the Beowulf back end system. Due to popular demand we have decided to open up BSU to the wider ArmA 3 community to allow communities to download mods in a simpler manner.
If you have any problems or feedback in relation to BSU contact Jsm.